The PCC calculation software provides the output of each detail calculation per component. The detail calculation output enables the user to verify the intermediate and final calculation results. The output sheets show the formulae and the numeric results in easy to read format and quickly to compare with the relevant code.
The component detail calculations are executed by:
- pressing the <F7> key
- clicking the button 'Calculate Component' from the button toolbar
- selecting in the 'Execute' menu the option 'Calculate Component'
The window shows the detailed calculation per component for review and for the preparation of the overall calculation report to be used for example for authority approval. Each component (such as pipe, tee, reducer) will be calculated seperately as the components and pressure temperature combinations are selected by the user. The presentation of the detailed calculations are similar to the relevant code and can be efficiently checked with the code requirements. The calculation sheets show the relevant input data, the formulas and the calculated values. The completeness of the formulas and calculations allow the user to check the output by hand. For an overview of the output for all calculation codes, see Output detailed calculation.
The detail calculation sheets are very usefull when the summary sheet calculation has shown problem areas by means of the color codes. The detail calculations enable the engineer to trace and solve the problem area.
The design margin is a PCC specific feature which combines the influence of the PT combination, the corresponding material properties and the dimensions of the component. The design margin helps the engineer to quickly assess the influence of the combination of the chosen design variables.
At the top the buttons are used to select the required component.
At the left in the middle the critical PT combination is indicated for reference. For more information about this subject see critical PT combination.
The middle and larger part of the window shows a spreadsheet like frame which gives all the information of the calculation. This frame can be printed directly to a printer or exported to Microsoft Excel ® format file for further editing.
At the bottom a frame is visible which will show warnings if any. The warnings consist of calculation errors due to input errors or warnings based on the calculation, such as insufficient wall thickness or dimension out of range for according code.
The review and export buttons on the toolbar are as follows:
- 'Close', to close the window
- 'Flange', to select the flange calculations
- 'Pipe', to select the pipe calculations
- 'Stub-On', to select the stub-on and stub-in calculations
- 'Elbow', to select the elbow calculations. If the option for the pipe class is choosen not to calculate the fittings of Table 326.1, the calculation window will only show the check for the schedule PT combinations
- 'Miter bend', to select the miter bend calculations
- 'Reducer', to select the reducer calculations. If the option for the pipe class is choosen not to calculate the fittings of Table 326.1, the calculation window will only show the check for the schedule PT combinations
- 'Weldolet', to select the weldolet calculations. If the option for the pipe class is choosen not to calculate the fittings of Table 326.1, the calculation window will only show the check for the schedule PT combinations
- 'Tee', to select the tee calcatulions. If the option for the pipe class is choosen not to calculate the fittings of Table 326.1, the calculation window will only show the check for the schedule PT combinations
- 'Cap', to select the cap calculations. If the option for the pipe class is choosen not to calculate the fittings of Table 326.1, the calculation window will only show the check for the schedule PT combinations
- 'Valve', to select the check for the PT rating of the valve
- 'External pressure', to select the external pressure calculations of pipe, if the PT combinations in the pipe class contain vacuum pressure (negative value for design pressure)
- 'Export', to export the current calculation to Microsoft Excel ® format file
- 'Export all', to export all detailed calculations to Microsoft Excel ® format file.
A new dialog will be opened to select between two possible output ranges:
- export of all calculations for each PT combination
- export only for the current selected PT combination
- 'Project No. field', to show the current project number for reference only
- 'Pipe class field', to show the current pipe class number for reference only
- 'Click item to calculate', table to select the size of the component to be calculated. The table shows the size and the schedule for easy reference. Click to select the size and to initiate the calculation of the component
- 'P, T', the selected pressure and temperature
- 'Select Pressure/Temperature', table to select the pressure and temperature combination for the calculation. Click to select a pressure and temperature to activate the calculation of the component
- 'Detailed Calculation', the detail calculation is shown at the right.
- 'Messages', at the bottom messages will be shown when there are warnings or errors in the calculations. If for example a wall thickness is smaller than the required wall thickness, an error will be shown in this text field with the relevant references. The field in the calculation which is creating the error will be shown grayed with red numbers. The grayed cell and the red numbers will also be shown in the spreadsheet when exported to Microsoft Excel ® format files.