The PCC software for the calculation of pipe class components is becoming more and more popular. We get many questions which include some frequently asked questions.
The answers are listed below:
Please find our answers below
- The software performs calculations according ASME B31.1/3/8, EN13480, EN1594, EN3650 and RToD. Calculated components are pipe, elbow, miter bend, cap, reducer (concentric and eccentric), tee, weldolet, stubon/in (pipe/pipe connection). It checks flanges according their rating against the pipe class pressure and temperature combinations. Input is possible to complete the pipe class for bolt, gasket and valve. The pipe can also be calculated with external pressure
- Calculated components can be selected from the database or can be custom designed
- The calculation reports are with complete formulae. The calculation can be reproduced by hand. A validation report is part of the software package
- The ASME B31.4 is not yet included. We recently added ASME B31.1/8 and ASME B31.4 will be added with the next major release as part of the maintenance contract.
- There are more than 1500 materials in the database. Custom materials can be added by the user. Major materials of the documents included are ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, ASME II, DIN 17100, DIN 17102, DIN 17103, DIN 17155, DIN 17175, DIN 17179, DIN 17240, DIN 17243, DIN 17440, DIN 17442, DIN 17680, DIN 267, DIN 269, EN 100272, EN 10028-2, EN 10028-3, EN 10028-6, EN 10028-7, EN 10088-3, EN 10216-2, EN 10216-3, EN 10216-5, EN 10217-2, EN 10217-3, EN 10217-5, EN 10217-7, EN 10222-2, EN 10222-4, EN 10222-5, EN 10269, EN 10272, EN 10273, RToD and Vd TUV 418 12.2002.
- Plastic piping is not (yet) part of PCC
- Export possibilities to spreadsheet (MS Excel) or XML. The XML format can be used to import in to other material management or design systems.
- Part of the maintenance contract is the automatic update according new code editions. A new version of the software is released every year.
This will answer some of your questions but please contact us if you need more information.